Sunday, February 22, 2009

I LOVE Confusing People!

Perturbation- distress, confusion, anxiety, etc.

The Walking Dictionary's Definition of the Day Award goes to: dynamite!!!!

I don't understand how this one DOESN'T make sense. Go up to someone, light a stick of dynamite in their face, and lock the door behind you*. WOLLA! Perturbation is your result.

In fact, if you just go up to someone and shout "DYNAMITE!", the result is, once again, perturbation, even if there really isn't dynamite anywhere around.**

Or maybe you could just walk up to someone calmly and ask them for their thoughts on dynamite. They will most likely be confused and wonder why this person is asking them about explosives. Let's experiment, shall we?

I shall ask my sister, Nicole, for her thoughts on dynamite. This may not have the same effect as asking a random person on the street, as she is somewhat used to my randomness, but hey! Why not?

Me: Hey, Nicole? What are your thoughts on dynamite?

Nicole: (gives me a weird look) It explodes. Why? 

(brief pause)

Nicole: That sounds like something you should ask Jack (her nearly-pyromaniac friend), not me.

Me: Mmmm. True. Anything else you think about it?

Nicole: (rolls eyes)

I feel loved. BY THE WAY, I have gotten no responses to my goal for you guys, which was to find the weirdest obsession you could. Or any votes on my poll. Does anyone even read this thing anymore? Or am I just ranting to myself? Either way is fine with me, but I would prefer the first option. Looks like I have to harass my friends again. (Sigh)

The Great Blogzini predicts: Your foot shall be chewed on by a friendly mushroom this week.

*DO NOT ACTUALLY DO THIS. IT IS CONSIDERED A FORM OF TERRORISM. YOU WILL BE ARRESTED. DON'T DO IT.

** DON'T DO THIS EITHER.

No comments:

Post a Comment