Thursday, February 19, 2009

Drugs? Naw. Hippos, man. HIPPOS.

Wonted- addicting, reoccurring, chronic, etc.

The Walking Dictionary's Definition of the Day Award goes to: EVERYTHING.

OK, I would first like to point out that this definition is not completely correct. See, I was looking up synonyms for addicting, and according to certain websites, addicting and reoccurring mean the same thing... WHICH THEY DON'T. I should know. And though wonted resembles reoccurring more than addicting, we are just gonna go with it, because wonted is a cool word. Go on. Just say it. WONTED. Lovely, isn't it?

Anyway, I was going to blog about how addicting this game called BMTron is. My friends on the school's newspaper staff with me introduced it to me, and I now walk into first period everyday shouting "BMTRON! BMTRON! BMTRON!" causing the six of us to huddle together in front of one computer, getting various cramps and complaining about sharp elbows, but having fun all the same. Which is very weird, because certain people on this staff do not particularly get along, but when we play this game, its almost like they (gulp) like each other.

But ANYWAY, then I realized there are many other things I am addicted to: chocolate, The Killers, books, The Killers, air, The Killers... did I mention The Killers? And THEN I realized that everyone in the world has an addiction of some sort (no, I do not mean drug-wise. Loonies.). I mean, someone out there probably is addicted to socks, and someone else may have an irrational love for Swiss cheese! I have a challenge for you, readers: go find the weirdest obsession out there. Whoever finds the weirdest one shall get an entire blog dedicated to them, including what their discovered obsession was and a not-so-true story as to how they found it. Sound good? Fantastic. Get on that, then.

I think the coolest thing anyone could be addicted to is hippos. I mean, who doesn't love hippos? Though does anyone know their actual color? Because I frequently see them portrayed as purple and pink, and this simply can not be. Are they gray? Black? Maybe the people who paint them purple and pink and who knows what other colors is not so far off. Maybe there is a secret species of hippos hidden from everyone but a select few. Maybe these hippos really are fuchsia or aquamarine. Maybe the reason they are hidden is because they have magical powers flowing through their veins, and if people found out about them, they would hunt them down for the powerful magic. And maybe, just maybe, some of the select few were not chosen well, and they tried to tell the world about the hippos through their colorful pictures, but no one ever got the message... until now, that is. Oh my goodness, what have I done? GUYS! DO NOT HUNT THE MAGICAL HIPPOS! Or any hippos, actually. That would just be ridiculously not awesome.

The Great Blogzini predicts: You shall get a sudden, extremely painful twinge in your hand within the next week. Little will you know that this is a sign of your hand growing its own mind. (Bum bum buuuuuuuum)

1 comment:

  1. My grandmother (a.k.a grandie) is addicted to red-footed boobies. It's apparently a kind of bird.

    ReplyDelete